Many thanks to Mitch Teemley for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Mitch has a great blog and is a great and interesting person. Mitch likes to share his humor, inspiration, and tell us all what it’s like to produce movies – really interesting stuff. You should check out his blog you won’t be disappointed.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog (check!)
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you (check!)
- List the rules and display the award logo (Ok, so I used a different logo look, but the name is there)
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and ask them 11 questions
My Answers to Mitch’s Questions
- What would you like us to know about you? Here’s a few fun facts. 1. I’m color blind. 2. I’m a Lutheran pastor who likes to shake things up a bit (which causes some churchy folks to be uncomfortable). 3. I still consider myself a runner even though I haven’t run in about a year due to foot injury. 4. I have a long background in politics which has caused me to conclude that both parties in the US are wrong, and sometimes one or the other will get something right, but your hope and salvation doesn’t rely in them so stop making them our savior. 5. I love to travel. Love it so much that when we had the opportunity to live in Finland for a year during seminary, all six of us went. It was one of the best years of our life!
- What inspires you? When people try something they have never tried before, push the limits, change things up in order to experience a more vibrant, thriving life.
- How long have you been blogging? I’m blogging here for just over two years, but I have blogged for several years before that.
- What is your goal for your blog? To test out ideas and thoughts, start conversations, get people to see things from a different perspective and think about things they might not otherwise think about.
- Would you share one of your favorite quotes? “The man who cries out against evil men but does not pray for them will never know the grace of God.” Saint Silouan the Athonite
- What has been most rewarding for you since starting your blog? To find out that there are other people who care about deep topics and ideas and want to talk about them. It’s rewarding to know not everyone only goes to blog to be entertained and read “top 7 things you can do to….”
- What are your hobbies? Being a pastor, the lines get blurred. I love to read. I love to write. I love to travel. I love to run. Thankfully I get to do all of those (except for run right now) in my calling.
- If you were starting all over with your blog, what would you do differently? I haven’t got the slightest idea.
- If you had to live in any time in history other than this one, what time period would you choose and why? That’s really difficult to answer. It’s so much easier to answer what time would I visit – I have lots of answer for this. But when would I live, that’s far different. If I were forced to answer, I would say the 1500’s. I would want to experience the Reformation first hand.
- If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would it be? Be yourself. Stop trying all the little tricks and the “so-and-so does this and it is why they are so successful.” Good for that person, but you aren’t them. Figure out what works for you and do it. Be authentic in your writing – there are plenty of fakes who are only interested in getting clicks and views.
- What has been your most useful life lesson? That our past is a huge help and prepares us well for the present. It’s an ongoing education for us in what works and what doesn’t. Where else can you get first hand knowledge about failure and success that is specifically tailored just for you?
Questions for My Nominees
Ok, so some of these are the same as above, but I have a few others too.
- Why do you blog?
- Tell us something unique about yourself?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What inspires you?
- What are your hobbies?
- Why do these hobbies interest you so much?
- If you could do anything (and money wasn’t an issue) what would you do?
- Favorite movie?
- What is really important to you in your life? Not just the things you say are important but the things that you invest time, money, energy, and attention on.
- What is the one thing that you have learned is way overrated and pretty much useless?
- Would you rather be able to gain more and more power so that you could make any change you wanted in the world but be really unpopular, or would you rather empower as many people as possible leaving you with no power and no say in changes in the world?
- Thoughts Alone – inspirational and real thoughts and pictures.
- The Snow Melts Somewhere – A travel blog that posts some great photos from around the world.
- Sartenada’s photo blog – A Finnish blogger who travels around Finland and shares pictures of his adventure.
- Traveling the world solo – A young single female world traveler to goes to amazing places all by herself and has amazing adventure.
- Lutheran Schreff – A fellow Lutheran pastor who gives us glimpses into history.
- The Shameful Sheep – If you want a good laugh about life, go visit.
- Jesus without Baggage – Another Lutheran blogger who unwraps Jesus, theology, and the church in a way that shows how God is approachable.
- Tanssitytön blogi – Another Finnish blogger who gives a unique perspective on Finland and Finnish stuff.
- Huisjen’s Philosophy Blog – An American who lives in Finland and writes about philosophy, politics, theology, etc. You might not agree, but that’s not the point.
- Beatravelling – a travel blogger who goes to incredible places and shares the experience with us.
- Rethink – a Christian blogger who writes about Jesus and Church in the 21st century. I just started following this blogger and really like what they write about.