Today Finland celebrates its 100th birthday! This is the day, 100 years ago when Finland became independent from Russia. I feel fortunate to have been able to spend a year of my life in this beautiful country with its beautiful people and culture and yes, its beautiful language too.
Thank you Finland for giving me so much. Happy Independence Day to you and to all Finns – Especially my Finnish friends that I came to know and love during the year we lived there.
The photos include the following:
- Helsinki Lutheran Cathederal, Helsinki
- The famous red building along the river in Porvoo
- The Lutheran church in Joensuu
- The Olari forest in winter
- Temppeliaukio Kirkko – Rock Church, Helsinki
- A Sauna – not far from Tuusneimi
I could have added so many more, but these are just a few favorite memories I have from Finland.